Production Noise Detection
- Avoid rejects due to ambient noise
- Test enclosures are insufficient
- NOISE verdict indicates corruption
- Use second microphone for background noise
- QC Standard system feature
Detecting defects with the highest sensitivity requires robustness against external noise. The level of impulsive disturbances from the production environment may be much higher than the defect symptoms. Even well-designed test enclosures do not attenuate ambient noise by more than 40 dB, which is insufficient to prevent noise corruption.
The unique noise detection of the KLIPPEL QC System uses a dedicated ambient noise microphone with identical signal processing as the test microphone. The two signals are correlated with respect to time and level (incl. box attenuation) to distinguish actual defects from external corruption. The NOISE verdict clearly indicates a corrupted result.
To enhance the standard noise detection algorithm, the add-on module Production Noise Immunity applies a novel patent protected technology performing the following steps:
- Storing the valid parts of each measured response,
- Automatic repetition of corrupted measurement,
- Merging the valid parts of the response,
- Giving a complete valid response eventually.