KLIPPEL Hardware calibration
It is recommended to send in the measurement hardware KA3, Distortion Analyzer, Production Analyzer and Power Monitor 8 every 2 years for manufacturer calibration.
Make sure to get a quotation before shipment. Please follow the delivery instructions below.
Several local distributors offer calibration checks of the measurement hardware in foreign countries to reduce shipping costs and service time. If the calibration parameters are out of limit, the hardware needs to be shipped to KLIPPEL in Germany for re-calibration. In case of any hardware defect, the unit must also be shipped to KLIPPEL in Germany.
The laser calibration should be performed by the user from time to time. Instructions can be found in the section "Hardware Guide" of the R&D SYSTEM User Manual.
The microphone calibration can be performed at 3 different levels of accuracy:
- All microphones delivered by KLIPPEL come with a sensitivity certificate measured by the manufacturer. This sensitivity value can be imported into the software for calibrating the microphone measurements.
- To get a more accurate microphone calibration an additional calibrator (offered by KLIPPEL) can be used to calibrate the microphone to the exact working conditions. Temperature, atmospheric pressure and the electrical input behavior are considered during this procedure. This is a very easy and fast calibration and should be done periodically - monthly, weekly or daily depending on the usage of your microphones and the environmental conditions.
- In addition to the calibration which is normally done at 1 kHz, the frequency response correction curve can be imported into the software. The frequency response curve is delivered by the microphone manufacturer. To verify the frequency response of a microphone it has to be sent in to the manufacturer or to any other acoustic test lab that offers such services.
If you have to send a hardware unit to KLIPPEL for calibration or repair, please follow the instructions below:
1. Report the problem to your local distributor or to KLIPPEL first. Many problems can be solved via email. Please do not send your hardware unit before having received confirmation by KLIPPEL.
2. Please use origningal packaging material, as boxes and foam pieces. This is very important to avoid damage during transportation. If you don't have the original packaging material anymore, please use good material and pack appropriately. Parcels are often thrown during shipment. Please do not use flight cases for transportation. For the separate return of flight cases additional costs will apply.
3. Always send the power supply together with the harware unit.
4. Use this address for shipping: KLIPPEL GmbH, Mendelssohnallee 30, 01309 Dresden, Germany
5. From outside European Union: please indicate on the Proforma Invoice/ Delivery Note for customs:
Product name and serial number.
Repair goods for temporary import.
Customs tariff number for measurement hardware units: 9027.80.17.00
Made in Germany. No commercial value. Return shipment for calibration, no sales.